Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Decision

Kaitlin's last day of soccer was Saturday - wahhhh. I really LOVE soccer season. I love watching the kids play and am amazed how good they are becoming.
Kaitlins team won 3-2.. tough fought battle too. The team they played had not lost a game... they tied games but never lost. Kaitlins team came in 4th out of 18 teams. Looks like they are moving on to classic.

The orange girl there going for the ball
One v One
It's a foot race... but only one has their eye on the ball!! =)
Kaitlin kicking the ball through that girls legs
As Kaitlins season is winding down, tryouts for highschool boys are in full swing. After attending 3 kickarounds and 3 tryouts he ended up making two P2(premier level) teams with 2 different clubs. He had himself a HUGE decision.

Rush vs Westminster
Rush has a coach from Germany - played professional soccer there, coached in Germany and blew us away at a training session we went to. Assistant coach played in Mexico and coached there. Knows alot of the boys, will play most the game and in the sweeper position which is his 'shining' spot. Team of 15 boys

Westy has a highschool assistant coach that taken their varsity boys to the state finals and are doing amazing. They also have a team higher (Elite III) and that coach is the mens head soccer coach at Regis University... which they will be doing some training sessions with. He and his friend - Nick- would be on the same team (So Lisa and I would have LOADS of fun at the games and tournaments) They carry a roster of 17 boys and he would be playing somewhere in defense.

So the pros and cons and deliberation began. We told Glenn to pray about it, list the pros and cons, look at everything, talk to his friends and make a decision. He called me the next day and said.. he is going with Rush. Purely a decision made on play time. He knows he'll play his favorite position and get more play time than Westy.
I was so happy he made a decision - Glenn and I couldn't have decided. I have to admit... I am sad.. the selfish part of me is sad. The Call's and the Ellis' could have had SOOOOO much fun... wahhhhhh
Guess we'll see if the right decision was made - if not - there's always next year!!

What an honor that he made both P2 teams.

3 comments:

Bethany and Terry said...

Yeah Kaitlyn! Cheer extra hard for us.

It's funny, the kids still ask about "Dad's baseball games" all the time. They sure loved that. It would be fun to have kids in sports to cheer on.

You're such a perfect soccer mom too. I am sure she appreciates all your love and support.

Have a great week.

Bethany and Terry said...

Okay I am a retard. I just glanced through the first time and then read the end. So, disregard my first comment.

I am sure the decision will be good in the long run! I don't look forward to having those kinds of decisions to make. For now I am happy with just dealing with having to do picture retakes or not.

Anyway, sorry I didn't finish reading the whole post. I need to slow down and get the whole story.

Regardless, you're still the perfect soccer mom!!

Anonymous said...

Kaitlin, you sure are doing great on your soccer team! It was so special being able to watch you play a game in September! You work so hard at it! We love you and are very proud of you!
Glenn, what an honor to be chosen and wanted by 2 different coaches for their teams!! What a hard decision to make! It sounds like you made a great decision! We're so proud of you! Love, Grandma and Grandpa Ellis