Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A blast from the past

I got this new photo collage @ kohls on Saturday http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/furnitureandhomedecor/frames/collages/PRD~330862/Melannco+Matte+Black+Collage+Frame.jsp
I am going to hang it horizontally on the wall in the hall upstairs. So I have been digging around trying to find photos to put in the collage - not these ones here... but all of this is is bringing me back to the days the kids were little and the trying yet cute times we had with them. With Glennie and his ADHD, there were days, a lot of days, I would call my mom for advice on 'what to do? how to handle Glennie?" etc. She always had some answer but Glennie even managed to stump my mom.
I have thought about how much they have grown up and matured in the past few years. I can't help but think my mom had a hand in it. She always said she would be around for the 'teenage' years. Glennie has changed SOOO much and we are sooo proud of him. He's a completley different kid... totally off all med's and has come so far.

Anyway - here's my blast from the past!
getting ahold of my makeup
cute snowbunnies
Glennie was supposed to be napping. I checked on him and found everything out of his drawers and toy box all over his floor. Plus he colored on everything in his room with a Sharpie. I remember calling my mom this day and we figured out - kids go crazy during full moons.
7 months old and hair in pillow curlers

cleaning his dresser - not to mention this day Glennie sprayed Kaitlin in the face/eyes with 409 or windex
A little too big!! I was cooking dinner and found him there - climbed in himself and fell asleep
Melts all the bad things away!! =)
They would never be caught dead doing this now!!
One of my most favorite memories of him... He would take his elmo and bite the red fur off, stick it in his mouth, followed by his pacifier and then wrap a shoelace around that! I will be giving him his elmo - thats got almost no red fur, missing an arm and eyes - for his wedding present!! Bwhahahaha
Kaitlin in her bucket with her toys.

Glennie and his elmo
My mom used to think Kaitlin looked like the little girl from Les Mis'
Too cute~!
This was what Glenn and I woke up to one Sunday morning. We had just gotten back from a trip to the beach. They got ahold of our 25lb buckets of flour and sugar that were in the closet there... and decided they wanted to bring the beach to them!!
One of my favorite photos of Glennie

2 comments:

Patti Miller said...

Tara! Oh my goodness these pics are adorable.....Seriously where do those babies go? It's a blink and they are teenagers. Just when you think another day is going to drag by with mischevious toddlers or crying babies BOOM it's gone. I am with you wah wah wah wah
oh, wait I still have Luke and Levi to get through, then I will bawl all day.

Anonymous said...

We sure enjoyed your "blast from the past" or "trip down memory lane"!! What precious pictures you have and it's so fun for us to look at those pictures!! I have lots of cute ones of Glenn and Kaitlin too!
Didn't those year go by fast!! I'm sure it didn't seem like it to you then, but now as you look back, it did go by fast, didn't it!!
Keep on taking lots of pictures - the years do go by fast!!