Friday, January 16, 2009

Remembering

Today was a day to reflect on my mom and the short time I had with her in this life. Mom passed away 4 years ago -today, the 16th, - hard to believe that it's already been 4 years! My mom and I were EXTREMLEY close... she was my best friend (besides Glenn of course!! :))
She wrote in her her journal, "Tara is more than a daughter to me, we connect spirit to spirit"

I was the type of daughter who didnt let mom leave my site. I hated going to girls camp because I would have to leave her, I never liked spending the nights at friends houses cuz I would have to be away from her. I was a true blue momma's girl!! My poor mom!! :)

Here's a bit of my mom, a wonderful woman- caring, empathetic, fun loving, loving, kind, considerate, compassionate, charitable, wonderful example and just plain awesome mom to have had. She was such the good example, to me, her grandkids and all those around her who knew her. Always had a smile on her face and willing to help wherever needed. I love her and miss her terribly and can't wait to be reunited with her some day. It kinda stinks having her gone sometimes... but I KNOW the joy she has where she is!! I KNOW she is watching over us and she's our very own angel!!

You know, you get over mourning and grieving for someone, but it doesnt mean you never stop missing them. I will ALWAYS miss my mom. I love you mom!!
At the MTC

This is mom and Shelley - Shelley is SOOO much like me!! Mom met Shelley on their mission in Canada, mom used to say when she needed a Tara fix she'd see Shelley.

Mom always doing something
In front of the MTC map
Our last pictures with mom - man has Glenn grown
And Kaitlin sure has grown up
Love this one!
The oldest granddaughters writing on the chalk board at church. We love you Nana. These three girls will never forget my mom. In fact Kaitlin texted me today at 9:30.
"Happy 4 years :'("
Sure was a sad and surreal day
Pampa with Kaitlin and Hailey
Jeff, Dad and the girls
I MISS YOU MOM

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara, You wrote a beautiful tribute to your mother! I enjoyed knowing your mom very much. We always got along very nicely and enjoyed being grandmothers together to our Glennie and Kaitlin! Yes, I, too, miss your mom and did remember that it was 4 years ago that we got the very sad news. I know that she would be very proud of you! You are a very wonderful, loving, daughter-in-law and I know and can see that you and Glenn are very happy together and do so many nice things together and as a family! I love having you as my daughter-in-law and it's so special seeing Glenn and Kaitlin growing up, even though we see them 1 or 2 times a year! May God be with you. Your mom will be remember dearly by me and all who knew and loved her! Love, Mom Ellis

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, Tara, that was wonderful. I love the pictures and the tribute that Kathy so much deserves. There will never be anyone in my life like her. She was a special angel here on earth, and she continues her work now. I've never met anyone that could change my attitude, make me learn some things about myself, and generally take inventory of my life the way your mother did it, and in such a quietly suggestive manner. She never bullied anybody, but she politely and sweetly made you think. I've known her since I was in middle school and she always made me feel good about myself. I, also, will look forward to seeing her again someday. Until then I remember her often and put many of her suggestions into practice in my daily life. She has made a difference in my life and all the lives I touch. For that, I thank her.

The Ashby Family said...

You just made me cry! Your mom was great, and so are you!

Lisa said...

Aahh Tara....you made me cry too! That was so beautiful and so sweet. I loved reading what Glenn's mom and your Aunt had to say about your mom. From all of the things you have shared with me and just knowing you....she had to be a wonderful mom and friend. I'm sorry I never got to meet her but someday I will. : ) I can't believe how little the kids were when she passed...wow...that had to have been really hard on you. I can't imagine my mom being gone...not yet! Thanks for being my best friend! Luv, Lis

Kari said...

Oh Tara! I remember your Mom and Dad coming to the ward campout with you guys, she did seem like such a neat lady!! I know you guys were so close. I cannot believe it has been 4 years. I went to her funeral the day before I had Tyler!

Your Mom is so proud of you, Tara! She is blessed to have such a wonderful daughter!!