Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yummy Dinner

We had this for dinner tonight.. it made enough that we have probably 2 nights of leftovers. I ended up with a picnic style pork roast, once we cut the netting off, we had 1/2 the roast. I shredded the other portion and mixed with BBQ sauce - made extra mashed potatoes so we can have a BBQ pulled pork dinner with mashed taters another night. Love it when it works out like that! With 2 indoor games this week - at dinner time no less, that extra & easy dinner will come in handy.
Anyway - I got this recipe from my simple and delicious magazine. We've had it a few times and always enjoy.
Teriyaki Pork Roast
1 boneless pork shoulder roast (3-4 lbs trimmed)
1 C. packed brown sugar
1/3 C. apple juice
1/3 C. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 TBSP cornstarch
3 TBSP cold water
Cut roast in half; rub with brown sugar. Place in a 5qt slow cooker. Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkler with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 - 6 1/2 hrs. or untill meat is tender. Remove roast; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile strain cooking juices and return to slow cooker. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into juices. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Slice pork serve with gravy. Goes great with mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

Rachel B. said...

I will definitely have to try that one. Tom LOVES teriyaki and pork so if I made that he might nominate me for wife of the year. Thanks for sharing it.

Bethany and Terry said...

Sounds yummy. I LOVE the new family shot at the top! I haven't been searching others blogs for a long time, so it is fun to see all the updates. You look awesome. Good for you! Tell everyone hello.